Chicken gravy curry - This spicy chicken curry suits better for all rice varieties and breads such as roti, kulcha. This chicken gravy tastes awesome when served with puri or Pooris and is one our best weekend breakfast recipes.
Snapdeal is a great online shopping option where you can find a huge and a wonderful collection in all its categories.
Sending my recipe to Spicy Chilly announcing its First Event with Cup O Nation.
1. Chicken - 500 gms
2. Bay leaf - 1
3. Cloves - 3
4. Cinnamon stick - 1 (2 inch size)
5. Pepper Corns - 4
6. Black Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
7. Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
8. Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
9. Green Chillies - 3
10. Onions - 1 Large
11. Curry Leaves - 10 to 12 leaves
12. Mint Leaves - 10 to 12 leaves
13. Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tbsps (1 while marinating + 1 while cooking)
14. Dry Coconut Powder - 5 tsps
15. Turmeric Powder - 1 1/2 tsp (1 tsp while marinating + 1/2 tsp while cooking)
16. Red Chilli Powder - 4 tsps (2 tsps while marinating + 2 tsps while cooking)
17. Salt - As per taste (While marinating + while cooking)
18. Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
19. Curd - 4 tbsps (2 tbsps while marinating + 2 tbsps while cooking)
20. Coriander Leaves - 1/4 bunch (half while marinating + half while garnishing)
21. Oil - 5 tbsps (1 tbsps while marinating + 4 tbsps while cooking)
22. Water - 2 cups
1. Wash and chop chicken properly.
2. Take chicken in a bowl, add salt, turmeric and red chilli powder, GG paste, oil, coriander leaves and curd and marinate the chicken nicely, cover with a lid and allow it to rest for atleast 1/2 hour.
3. Resting time of the chicken is directly proportional to its taste. More the resting time much will be the taste.
4. After resting time, heat oil in a kadai.
5. Once oil gets heated add all the ingredients from number 2 to 13 one after the other and fry requiredly.
6. Now add marinated chicken and fry well.
7. Once chicken turns light golden colour, add dry coconut powder and fry again.
8. Now add water, mix well, cover with a lid and let the chicken get cooked well.
9. Once chicken becomes tender, add ingredients from number 15 to 19, mix well, cover with lid and cook the chicken again. Gravy also gets thickened.
10. Once the flavours infuse into chicken pieces completely, switch off the flame and dish out chicken and garnish with coriander leaves.
Serving Suggestions:1. Chicken curry suits better for all rice varieties and breads such as roti, kulcha etc.
Tags: Easy chicken curry, Chicken gravy, quick chicken gravy, Andhra chicken gravy, kodi koora, kodi mamsam, kodi iguru, naatu kodi koora, naatu kodi iguru